I admitted my Almond Butter and dark chocolate obsession. I am also addicted to smoothie bowls. My go-to breakfast for sure. Quick, easy, and healthy-while satisfying my sweet tooth.
Must bowls have lots of sugar via fruit. I love those but wanted something filling yet low in sugar. But still creamy and indulgent.
Enter frozen cauliflower. I have been experimenting with replacing frozen bananas with cauliflower and it’s great. Still creamy but with less sugar and a nutritional boost of a cruciferous vegetable. Win-Win.
Here is a recipe I found via Simply Quinoa and tweaked to my liking. Check out Alyssa’s site for great recipes.
Dark Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate coconut milk
- 1 cup spinach or kale
- 2 Tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/2 scoop Designer Whey Chocolate Protein Powder (works fine without this)
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 cup frozen berries (cherries , strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or a combo)
Place in the order listed and blend until the consistency you like. If you don’t have a Blendtech(I have a refurbished one I love), Vitamix, or high powered blender, mix the liquid and greens together first and then add the other ingredients. I do this most of the time out of habit from owning a Magic Bullet and then Ninja and like how it eliminates any small particles of greens.